Unable to install on windows 10

Im trying to install the latest version of Brave on my windows 10 PC. It keeps telling me Windows needs an update, My windows is up to date. I’m not sure what I’m missing. I have tried to install with windows defender turned off as well as Chrome turn off as well.

Not sure what to do.

Any idea’s would be great thanks
Wes

Hi, can you fill out the default template?

Interestingly, a Windows update is required when installing Brave. Can you upload a screenshot?

Are you trying to update or install Brave?

Also try an installation/update via this link again:
https://brave.com/ -> Does it work now?

When I try to install normally, a box pops up saying - this can be installed without running as admin. Then the box disappear and nothing happens… Then I try to run as Admin, then this box pops up in the screenshot… then nothing happens.

I’ve updated my windows as much as possible. So im not sure what the next set is.

thanks

wes

@deafwes,
Thanks for reaching out with this. This is actually an install message I don’t think I’ve ever seen before – looking into this now. In the interim, can you tell me:

1. Are you running any AV software on your machine?
  2. Are you connected to a VPN when attempting to install?
  3. Is this the first time you’ve tried to install Brave on this device?
  1. Im not running any third party AV software, just windows defender
  2. I am not connected to a VPN
  3. Yes this is the first time i’ve installed brave on this computer

@deafwes,
Can you try running the standalone installer and see if you get the same results?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.