Brave didn't shut down correctly

@fer3 do not be sorry

@CerealLover could you help with folder location in windows as i do not have windows
in chrome case there folder for plugins it looks like this
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\Plugins

so what it called in brave

“C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default”

Do you mean this?

But it will be great if @CerealLover could check this

i do not think so this is the folder of the default profile

when i was using windows mostly was windows 7 there were folder that app can put their browser extension so once you open the browser it installed for any profile also if you install the browser after that app once you start the browser it also install it

so maybe it in your program folder also

what i am trying to do is

1. find where utorrent put their files that related to browser extensions
  2. once i confirmed that i will uninstall utorrent and check if that file get deleted or not
  3. if not then maybe that the issue so manually remove it

by the way when you started brave with the flag i mentioned earlier --user-data-dir=c:\foo did it crash or work fine
i mean before you remove the flag again
and did it start as a new profile or not ?

Hi

Your device is very low on resources when crash happened. In you place I would desinstall chrome (and install a different second browser) or not run chrome simultaneously with Brave, because many users have complained about interferences from chrome. Brave is based on chromium.

I’ll try and figure out where the uTorrent files are.

When I started brave with the flag, it did crash, however, it did start a new profile.

Ok, thanks, done, but it still crashes.

@fer3 good luck :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.