Brave Desktop stopped working suddently on Windows 10 Pro

Description of the issue:
I have been using Brave for the last 2 years and this morning Brave stopped working suddenly on Windows 10 Pro Edition. I have not updated Windows nor have I downloaded a new AV. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Brave several times but the constant error I get is - Windows cannot access the specified device/path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Not sure as this happened suddenly when I started my laptop this morning.

Expected result:
Brave should restart normally.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Not able to check as the browser is not opening through the shortcut as well as the application directly.

Additional Information:
None.

I have the exact same issue. This started yesterday. I have uninstalled/reinstalled/checked permissions/installed 32, 64 bit, still the same error message. And brave won’t start from any old or new shortcuts. Won’t start from the .exe in program files, etc. Won’t start at all. I am sure there will be many other similar complaints coming in today. What happened? And how to we fix it?

Looks like same issue as Brave (desktop) won't start on Windows10Pro - #5 by JimB1 - maybe we can merge them there?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.