Can no longer open Brave on Windows 10

(sorry for not using the template, my issue is a little odd)

Description of the issue:

Some mistakes were made (involving coffee being spilled on some electronics), and I had to take my PC apart. After putting it back together and turning it on again, suddenly Brave no longer launches. Everything else works fine, but nothing happens if I try to launch Brave.

I think the PC was in hibernation mode, with an instance of Brave open, before being taken apart. When I turned the computer back on, I got some BIOS error but then seemed to work fine after a reboot. So I’m guessing all of that may be related (well, obviously it must be). A friend suggested some cache might have gotten corrupted or something?

What I’d like to know is either:

• A way to get it working again, or
  • A way to backup my data (extensions, bookmarks, passwords, etc.) so I can restore it after reinstalling the browser

same here; no longer able to use Brave since the latest windows 10 cumulative update!

I can’t say for sure if that’s the reason for it not working on my machine or not… Maybe I had that update queued up, and after taking the PC apart it just installed it when I turned it back on? Otherwise it might be unrelated but who knows

1 Like

I went digging and finally found the folder where user data is stored: AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default

As such, although it doesn’t answer why Brave stopped working, I now know one of the things I wanted to know, so I am marking this as solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.