Brave Browser Randomly Crashes When Trying To Load Websites

So this is really strange…
Just today my Brave Browser started to crash when I opened a new tab and wanted to load a website.
When I tried to reopen it, it crashed immediately.
After like 5 tries to reopen the browser it did open but as soon as I typed in a url and hit enter it crashed again.
This issue started happening out of the blue, never had it before…
Maybe it’s related to the recent macOS update?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) - macOS Catalina 10.15.4
Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And then sometimes the browser works normal again, as if there was never a problem.
It’s really strange! Anyone else having the same problem?

Experience it as well in High Sierra, if I’ve opened a link from another application like mail, slack etc. Brave can crash, and if I reopen, it instantly crashes again. Solution is either to log out or restart…

Most annoying part is loosing all tabs, and the last tab file just states SNSS… Really hope they would fix tabs recovery, it’s unstable and have experienced 10 crashes so far 2020

@ma77hiaz welcome. @unique.no.spaces, are you also using 1.5.115?

Brave 1.5.122 was released earlier today (Direct Download Link), so you might want to download the dmg, copy the new version to Applications, and see if that changes anything. I use Nightly, so while I downloaded and installed 1.5.122, my usage of it wouldn’t really qualify as testing for this issue.

My main install is Brave 1.8.59 Chromium: 81.0.4044.83 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit) on macOS Version 10.15.4 (Build 19E266). I have to update to 1.8.61.

Note: to get full version information, type brave://settings in address bar and hit return.

1 Like

Well, in the past few days the issue hasn’t occured anymore…
I just updated the browser and I’ll let you if the problem comes up again.
In case you don’t here anything, it should be resolved :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.