Brave Browser now constantly crashing as of Nov 09 2019

Brave Browser now constantly crashing as of Nov 09 2019.

When will this be solved ? I recommended Brave 30 days ago to my 27K Cyber Security contacts… Now, have egg ALL over my face.

Sorry for the inconvenience here @lholcombe, can you tell me what channel/version this is? Nightly/dev/beta/release? And what OS are you using? Thanks.

I’m having the same issue. Constantly crashing. I’ve tried uninstalling the previous version I had and installing the most recent one ( Version 1.0.0 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)).

I’m on OS Mojave 10.14.6.

What’s the fix?

@felicia,
Can you provide some more information surrounding the crashes? Does the browser crash randomly during use or at launch? Are there any error messages displayed during the crash? Additionally, can you tell me if you have crash reporting enabled in Settings?

@Mattches It launches no problem, but crashes randomly during use - normally when I need to open a new tab or type something in the existing one. There are no error messages displayed. I’ve just enabled crash reporting.

@felicia,
Thank you for enabling crash reporting – will help us get a better look on our end. Can I also ask if you have any extensions currently installed in the browser?

@Mattches Yes I have multiple extensions enabled. Are you wondering about a specific one?

@felicia,
Can you try disabling the extensions (or creating a new/separate browsing profile) to see if you continue getting the same crashes?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.