Brave browser not allowing sites to connect to metamask extension

Description of the issue:
Hi, so I am trying to connect web3 apps using metamask on brave. I am able to unlock Metamask but when I try to click ‘connect’ within apps I see the list of wallet choices, click Metamask and then I either get nothing or ‘Authorization Error, please authorize to access your account’. Yesterday I noticed I was beginning to have issues but I was still able to connect to most sites I needed, otherwise I just used Firefox.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I’ve recently installed the Brave wallet and had wallet settings set to:
Default cryptocurrency wallet ‘None’. I tried restarting Brave, same result as above. I set the Default cryptocurrency wallet to ‘Crypto Wallets (deprecated)’ and again couldn’t connect and again tried restarting and couldn’t connect. I’ve also tried ‘preferred extensions’. After each I’ve shut down and restarted and it’s still not worked.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
trying to connect Metamask nothing happens, no connection is established and I can’t connect to Dapps

Expected result:
I should be able to use metamask to connect to web3 dapps as I’ve done so for the last number of years using Brave

Reproduces how often:
Connection with metamask doesn’t work at all.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
MacOS Monterey v12.2.1, Brave V1.36.112

Additional Information:
Since updating to the new Brave version metamask has stopped working. This is my goto extension and if it doesn’t work on Brave I’ll move back to Firefox.

Did you manage to fix this @inimortaq Same problem here

Nope… I’m just using Chrome now… I’ve given up with Brave!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.