Description of the issue: Brave browser keeps crashing after 10 secs or so
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Keep using the browser
- It suddenly crashes after a few secs without any error message
- Open it up again and restore the previous tabs
- Crashes again within seconds
Expected result: Not crash after reopening it and restoring tabs
Brave Version( check
Version 1.45.116 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)
This started happening today all of a sudden. I’ve been using brave for a couple of years and I’ve never experienced such crash before. And this issue is happening on both windows computers I have.
|Edition||Windows 11 Home|
|Experience||Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0|
|Edition||Windows 10 Pro|
|Experience||Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0|
Brave browser version is the same on both computers. And the two devices are in sync chain.
What I tried:
I’ve seen similar topics and similar problems asked in this forum but none of them helped. I tried everything mentioned.
- Clearing browser data
- Disabling extensions including VPNs
Use secure DNSin settings
- Resetting my brave news preferences (also disabling Brave news. This worked for someone else on this forum for some reason, but didn’t do it for me)
- Using private mode (still produces the problem)
- Moving the folder
..../BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/User Datato the Desktop and reopening brave.
- Stopping the sync chain
Unfortunately none of these could address the issue. Something I noticed is that brave browser on my desktop computer(my 2nd PC) crashes more often than my Laptop (1st PC).
I haven’t done anything new. Didn’t install any extension, didn’t change any browser settings it just started crashing out of the blue today. It’s been a couple of hours since this started happening. idk what went wrong.