Brave browser is crashing after login back from lock screen

Description of the issue:
Since, I think 2 month, I have a strange problem and can’t find any help for this.
If I leave my notebook for a while and come back (now the lock screen is there) and if I now login and click on my Brave Browser it crashes. Also if I click on the Google Chrome Browser it crashes. In german it says “Keine Rückmeldung” (No response). This always happens after I login back from lock screen, but not on (re)boot.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
login after idle and click on Brave Browser

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
“Keine Rückmeldung” (No response)

Expected result:
Go on browsing :smiley:

Reproduces how often:
Every time I came back from idle

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 11
Version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)

Additional Information:

Thanks for reporting. This is very strange. Have you added new extensions to both your Brave and Chrome browsers in the past 2 months? If so, have you tried disabling them to see if the crashing continues?

Indeed I did, I try to disable them and take a look tomorrow if it happens again…
Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

First I tought it worked now, but now it happend again. Do you know where on windows 11 the crash report or log files are located from brave?

Crash reports located at brave://crashes. You can enable automatic crash reporting at brave://settings/privacy.

Hope you problem is resolved quickly! Take care.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.