Brave Browser: Can't click anything after new Mac update

Can anyone here encountering this tell me if the issue still persists after the update to Brave v1.59.122?

I had the same issue in Chrome browser and think perhaps it is a Chromium bug. Only Safari and Firefox are unaffected for me.

@Mattches I just had the issue on v1.59.122 when opening Google Dev Console I couldnā€™t click on the tabs to switch from the tab Elements to the other tabs.
The title of this thread says ā€œcanā€™t click anythingā€œ but sometimes I can click something and others not at all.
I have made a video of it, but canā€™t upload as I am a new user.

@czer,
No worries ā€” we also believe that it is an upstream Chromium issue and are digging into it presently. We appreciate your patience.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue here since upgrading to the os 14. Really annoying!

Same for me :

MAC M1 PRO, SONOMA 14.0

Iā€™ve had this issue for the past few days. I visited this query by chance while surfing about this and turned off memory saver, which resolved it for a while. But now the issue seems to have returned

Same problem. Memory saver disabled, top right corner clicks donā€™t work in fullscreen mode. Mac, sonoma.

I confirm that disabling memory saver does not fix the issue. Neither does disabling hardware acceleration and enabling the flag ā€œGPU Rasterization.ā€

We have a fix for this coming in the update to 1.59.124 ā€” it was indeed an upstream Chromium bug:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/fdb2355de50518294b88ace7bc851820dc38aa82

2 Likes

Great! Is the update coming soon?

Should be later today.

2 Likes

Iā€™m anxiously waiting to correct this error, I thought Apple was pushing me towards Safari but in reality itā€™s a Chromium Bug. Good to know you are working on the fix.

1 Like

This issue should be fixed with the latest update ā€” please update your browser to v1.59.124 and let me know here in the thread if the issue is resolved.

Thank you

1 Like

Thank you!! It finally works! (Hoping it stays that way).

2 Likes

I had this issue in chrome which caused me to finally switch to brave. My version is 1.59.124 but still experiencing this issue :frowning:

I have a specific box area that is non clickable. Like the click event does not go through. Brave so called ā€œdevelopersā€, please fix your stuff! Iā€™m using Ventura 13.1

This is still an issue for me. Please help
Mac OS Monterey
Brave 1.59.117

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.