Brave blocking Wikileaks

Oops. I spoke too soon. Now it’s not working in “normal” mode.

2 Likes

Probably jinxed yourself lol

1 Like

It’s working for me just fine. Will update if it stops again.

1 Like

Nope, still not working for me. 504, that page is missing. Although this morning it’s not working in normal mode with any of my browsers. According to IsItDownRightNow.Com, Wikileaks is down for everyone, although I can connect to it in Private mode.

1 Like

its typically not the actual browser, i use brave browser on all my devices and i can get to that domain on my home wifi or celllular with these dns setings.

it comes down to the dns server that you are connecting to. i typically use a private tunnel with cloudflare and cloudlfare dns 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1 should be fine. many other dns servers could have it blocked on their specific dns so any request you do from their dns server will not allow it to resolve. thats also where the error 504 can cause that as well.

to resolve it its simple, on your home router change your dns servers to cloudflare as well i would recommend it on your mobile devices you can manually input them so regardless of what network you are on it will use those first.

primary dns: 1.1.1.1
secondary dns: 1.0.0.1
secondary dns: 1…0.0.1

1 Like

Hello @pdsec

if it was dns issue then it would not work in brave private mode and on firefox or any other browser

1 Like

It’s okay now, @pdsec, but thanks for the tip about Cloudfare.

1 Like

Yes, @justsomeone1. I was thinking the same.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.