Brave audio playlist does not continue after phone shut down

Description of the issue:

Videos in the playlist won’t continue to play after I turn off my phone (even after checking all settings).

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. upload youtube video to playlist
  2. start the video
  3. turn off your phone

Expected result:

Audio should continue to work

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.50 (23.4.27.16)

Mobile Device details

iPhone 12 iOS 16.4.1(a)

Do you mean when you lock your phone? Or what do you mean? Because if you turn off your phone, then that’s shutting off all power and nothing would be able to continue.

If you mean from lock screen, that’s only if you have it enabled. For example, do you have Enable Background Audio turned on within Brave? With that going, I was able to listen to something on my Playlist with the phone locked, just as you can see in the screenshot below. That said, it did pause when I locked it and I had to hit the play button on my lock screen for it continue playing.

Thank you for your answer

No it’s indeed when I lock it, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yes, I am talking about that. It seems to me that the videos were not stopping 2 weeks ago. But even the on/off buttons on my headphones no longer work when I use the playlist even when my phone is unlocked (whereas they work fine for a YouTube video without viewing it with the playlist). So it’s quite annoying when I just want to stop a video with my headphones. (I just use Apple EarPods headphones with Lightning connector for information.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.