Brave Ads not showing up in Windows 10 Desktop machine

Hi all,

I installed the new Brave version that was released today and allows for the user to earn rewards by watching ads. Everything seems to be working great except for the fact that I cannot watch Ads! Not sure why. As you can see from the attached screen shot, the settings page indicate that I have 7 Ads notifications. When I press the notification button in the lower right hand corner of my Windows 10 machine, I see Brave listed up top on the notification board (again see attached screen shot), but no Ads. Clicking on the Brave bar does nothing. Right hand clicking on it just takes me to the notifications settings page. Everything looks good settings wise. I made sure Windows’ “Focus Assist” is turned off. So I’m not sure what is going on.

Please help. I’d like to be able to view Ads and earn rewards.

Thank you for your support,

Dizer

Please take a second to read this!

Hello! Thanks for participating in the Brave Ads program and for leaving us feedback! Before you post, what brought you here?

“I’m here to report an issue with Brave Ads”

Great! All data is valuable when testing major features like this. Before you post, please make sure you’ve:

“I have a suggestion or feedback about Brave ads”

Also great! We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative! Please remember to keep feedback and discussion civil and constructive.

@Dizer,
Thank you for reaching out.
Do you see the notification “pop-up” appear at all? Or do they only appear in the action center when it’s expanded?

Hi Mattches,

No, I do not see any pop-ups at all. Just what is shown in the action center when expanded.

Thanks for your reply and support

Do you have Focus assist to alarm/reminders only?

Hi @sriram,

See attached current settings of my Windows Focus Assist. I think it is turned off, but let me know if I’m missing something.

That looks correct to me. What is the ad settings set to? You can only see the amount of ads that set to show per hour.

Hi @sriram

Here is a screen shot of my rewards settings. Let me know if I need to change anything.

@Mattches, @sriram,

Any update on fix to my issue? Also, below is a screen shot of the Brave notification settings in my Windows 10 Operating System. Please let me know.

Thanks

This will require some investigation. I am trying to replicate with same settings on my machine. Will get back to you on this. Just need a little time to try to reproduce it

@sriram,

OK. Thank you for your support. Funny thing is, I just got a Windows notification for your message just now on Brave Community, but no brave ads notification yet.

Thanks again. Looking forward to hearing from you.

@sriram, @Mattches,

Just wanted to update you guys. I decided today to try another method to fix my issue. So, this is what I did:

1. I saved all my data to a different folder (APP data in User/Local/Myname folder)
  2. I saved all my bookmarks
  3. I took note of all my Chrome extension.
  4. I downloaded a fresh copy of the latest Brave browser for Windows.
  5. I un-installed the Brave browser I was using.
  6. I installed the Brave browser mentioned in step 5.
  7. I added my data (mentioned in steps 1-3).

That seems to have fixed my issue. I now see Brave ads notifications every once in a while. So starting from scratch apparently works.

Thank you guys for your help. You can close this issue.

Dizer

1 Like