Brave adjusting microphone volume

Description of the issue:

When I will use any website or app which uses my microphone, Windows will start adjusting the microphone volume.

How can this issue be reproduced?

right click on the volume icon in window system tray - click ‘Open Sound Settings’ - under Input click ‘Device Properties’ - here you will see a volume slider for the microphone. Keep this window open and watch the slider.

Now open either Google Meet or Bubbles screen recording extension which also can use the microphone to record voice, or probably anything else in Brave which has access to the microphone and start speaking.

You will see the volume slider adjusting itself to whatever Windows and the browser think is best.

If you don’t see the slider moving, then either set the volume to 100% or 1%, as that will most likely not be ‘correct’ according to Windows and it will try to adjust it.

(note why this is a problem for me is that then in other apps the volume is always way off - typically the gain is too high, probably due to the microphone I’m using which is a Blue Yeti )

Expected result:

I expect the microphone input volume not to change.

In FireFox I get the expected behaviour.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Release Notes V1.26.77 (July 16, 2021)

• Upgraded Chromium to 91.0.4472.164. (#16977)

May interest:

@simonq5,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m not able to reproduce this issue on my end – can you tell me if you have any extensions installed at this time? Additionally do you have Chrome or another Chromium based browser you would be willing to test this behavior on and see if the results are the same or not?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.