Description of the issue:
I quit the Chrome browser and imported my bookmarks into Brave on four different Windows machines (2-Win 7 Pro desktops, 1-Win 7 Pro laptop, and 1-Win 10 desktop). I have approx 20 folders with probably only several hundred links total links.
On a 24" monitor, the 20 folders display across the entire bookmark bar so I really didn’t notice that at some point the “>>” icon appeared on the far right hand side of the bookmark bar. When I click that icon, a dropdown menu appears that shows me a disorganized list of duplicated folders. Some random testing shows that the contents of the folders is NOT identical so I have no idea how to reconcile which set of links is the most recent. What a mess.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
- Install Brave on 4 machines
- Get a sync code on 1st Machine
- Input sync code on subsequent 3 machines
- Forget for a while as it seems to be working
- Notice that there are two identically named folders to choose from when adding a new bookmark
- Click the “>>” icon on the right side of the bookmark bar
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
- Discover that your bookmark folders are messed up
- Inspect the contents of a few folders and realize that they are not synced
- All folders on all machines will appear only one time and the bookmarks in each machine will be identical
Reproduces how often:
Version 0.67.124 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) 64-bit
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
This is the same reason I quit Brave 1.5 years ago and went back to Chrome. You REALLY should have figured this one out by now.