Bookmarks are duplicating

Description of the issue:
I quit the Chrome browser and imported my bookmarks into Brave on four different Windows machines (2-Win 7 Pro desktops, 1-Win 7 Pro laptop, and 1-Win 10 desktop). I have approx 20 folders with probably only several hundred links total links.

On a 24" monitor, the 20 folders display across the entire bookmark bar so I really didn’t notice that at some point the “>>” icon appeared on the far right hand side of the bookmark bar. When I click that icon, a dropdown menu appears that shows me a disorganized list of duplicated folders. Some random testing shows that the contents of the folders is NOT identical so I have no idea how to reconcile which set of links is the most recent. What a mess.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Install Brave on 4 machines
  2. Get a sync code on 1st Machine
  3. Input sync code on subsequent 3 machines
  4. Forget for a while as it seems to be working
  5. Notice that there are two identically named folders to choose from when adding a new bookmark
  6. Click the “>>” icon on the right side of the bookmark bar

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

1. Discover that your bookmark folders are messed up
  2. Inspect the contents of a few folders and realize that they are not synced

Expected result:

1. All folders on all machines will appear only one time and the bookmarks in each machine will be identical

Reproduces how often:

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.67.124 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) 64-bit

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes.

Additional Information:
This is the same reason I quit Brave 1.5 years ago and went back to Chrome. You REALLY should have figured this one out by now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.