Bookmark Search

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Searching bookmarks is too inconvenient even compared to other browsers that I would say are already more tedious than I’d want them to be.

What I’d like to see would be if I open or select one of my toolbar bookmark folders the search should be right there at the top, maybe a fillable box rather than some popup dialogue? It could be restricted to search within the folder as long as there’s a global search on the toolbar itself that would search across folders. The user should be able to move the global search anywhere on the toolbar.

Since I am not a native English speaker, and I use the Translator to understand the words I don’t understand, I don’t know if some of the original understanding of the text will be lost.

I don’t know if it helps, but, there is the search function on the page:

Pressing: Crtl + G

As well as this function exists, there are several accessibility functions that Brave and Google itself have. You can search for the accessibility keys, whether it is of any use what is written here, it is always good to have new and interesting features.

I appreciate your response but this is in regards to “bookmarks” and the ease of being able to search them. I don’t want to have to open a page of bookmarks to then search through them (ie Ctrl+g).

But you may have solved another problem that sometimes happens in browsers where you don’t have the menu option to “Search in page”. I’d imagine this Ctrl+G is probably pretty generic and might work when there doesn’t seem to be an option. Thanks for that!

1 Like