Keyboard shortcut for bookmarks

I am a new user.
As a more keyboard oriented user, having to navigate to a menu with a mouse is not very productive.

Hi @A_B,

Welcome to community! Have you had a chance to check out our list of shortcuts? - https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032272171-What-keyboard-shortcuts-can-I-use-in-Brave-.

Thank you for that suggestion.

I did try the bookmarks list option but there I found that even though I was able to tab to a bookmark and highlight it I was not able to find a method besides clicking it with the mouse to activate it.

I have the same problem. I know it’s stupid, but I’m so used to using Safari to quickly navigate between the webpages I need to access quickly for work, and I love the Safari feature where you can hit command + option + # to open the equivalent bookmark from the bookmark bar. The only ways I’ve found to do this in Brave are janky workarounds with keyboard shortcut extensions. Is there an easy way for me to add this functionality?

Anybody have any insights for me? To be clear: I’m running Mac OS, and I would love to have the Safari functionality where hitting Command + Option + 1 opens my first bookmark in the bookmark bar, Command + Option + 2 opens the second bookmark in the bar, etc.

I’m open to workarounds but I dislike browser extensions with keyboard shortcuts because 1- I haven’t been able to get them to work in Brave and 2- they go to static links instead of whichever link is occupying the equivalent space in the bookmark bar. Any help is appreciated.