Favorite/bookmark issue

Most browser takes 1 click, or one key combination (ex: alt+a), to get to bookmark/favorite. But in Brave, i’m sorry to said that it’s extremely complicated to get to open a bookmark. Simplicity is great, until it brings a lot of unnecessary complication for its users.

1 Like

Hi @tinzi,
Here are some keyboard shortcuts relating to bookmarks that you may find useful.
Save your current webpage as a bookmark: Ctrl + d
Show or hide the Bookmarks bar: Ctrl + Shift + b
Open the Bookmarks Manager: Ctrl + Shift + o

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions Aaron. I believe the core function of bookmarks is to USE it -to go to one’s favorite website -instead of managing it or save it. I’m not saying that managing or saving function is useless, but it’s just a lot less practical when comparing to the regular gesture of using it. So, it’s good for BRAVE to have those 3 shortcuts, but, it’s unpractical and ineffective in case of using BRAVE. There are many topics regard to missing bookmarks function in the forum, i hope BRAVE would address this feature in the future.

1 Like

@tinzi, I need some clarity around the issue you’re experiencing. My current understanding is that you’re finding it to be slow to open a bookmark, is that correct? Can you explain the flow you’re taking to open a bookmark?
Do you have the bookmarks bar turned on? (brave://settings/appearance)

1 Like

At the present, me and most likely everybody else has to: 1. move mouse all the way to top right corner, 2. click function dots to open up menu, 3. select bookmark out of 20 functional option 4. then go to book mark.

As long as for bookmark bar, It works well for anyone that has less than 20 bookmarks. I have more than 70+ bookmarks so i never bother with bookmark bar in any browser.

I have this resolved by install bookmark extension for now. Thanks for responding, i just thought that this feature should’ve be included.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.