Description of the issue:
Bookmark response to mouseover and mouse out sometimes hang.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- enable viewing of the Bookmark Toolbar
- Organize 500 or more bookmarks into folders in the Bookmark Toolbar
- Tap one of the folders in the Bookmark Toolbar, causing a dropdown box of bookmarks to appear
- Mouse over the bookmarks that drop down, to find a folder that opens to the right onmouseover.
- Mouse over one of the bookmarks that fly out the right.
- Observe a pap-up where the pointer is hovering over a link saved as one of the bookmarks.
- Make use of bookmarks arranged thusly as part of your regular workflow, including use of your favorite search engine…
- At some point, observe the popup over the bookmark does not disappear . Observe that sometimes, but not all the times this happens, all the bookmarks are disabled until remedial action is taken.
- Observe that urls longer than about 40 characters are not displayed in full. Instead, a portion of the url is replaced with an ellipsis (three dots) (like this …
- Recognize that display of full urls, including long urls can facilitate accomplishment of browser-related objectives more expeditiously when full urls are displayed in the complete and utter entiretly
- COVID-19 masks affect this problem the same way they affect spread of the COVID: the effect is of no consequence on the spread of the disease. The masks do spread irrational fear and dangerous lack of resistance to political tyranny.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
I have been unable to determine with certitude the result expected by Brave’s courageous and diligent engineers. The result I expect:
When moving the mouse pointer away from a bookmark, I expect the url-popup take a long walk on a short pier, which is to say, make itself invisible, and return the rest fo the bookmarks system back to
Reproduces how often:
This intermittent problem reproduces itself on average 38 times per day, with a standard deviation of 5.7
**Operating System .
macOS 10.14.4 Catalina
and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):**