Found bug in Brave for Mac, V1.34.81 (Jan 21, 2022)

Description of the issue:

Hi! This is my first post, so I apologize for not doing it perfectly. I will learn as I go. Please, let me know what I might have done wrong.

I found a bug when using the Bookmarks feature in Brave Desktop for my MacOs Monterey,V1.34.81 (Jan 21, 2022), in my M1 Pro laptop.

When I click a bookmark I have already saved, and I try to move it to a folder in the bookmarks, when I move the mouse as I keep the left button clicked and I reach the folder name, Brave automatically, and correctly, shows all the content inside the folder. However, if this folder is bigger than the screen size, one needs to go all the way down until it appears a down arrow. When I do this, the bookmarks window crashes, and it goes away. In other words, there is no way to navigate through the bookmarks folders, when you are at the same time moving a bookmark to move it to a destination, because when the content of the folder is bigger than the screen, when you try to keep going down, to look for your destination inside that current folder, the window crashes.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

• Save a bookmark in the bookmark tab below the URL.
  • Then make sure you have a folder also, with a lot of bookmarks and folders, so many that are more the screen cannot cover them all
  • Then select the previous bookmark and move it to the previous folder. Try to go all the way down the list of content of the folder. You will not be able to do it. It will crash.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Cannot provide screenshot of a crash.

Expected result:

It should not crash

Reproduces how often:

100% of the time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

MacOS Monterey 12.1

Additional Information:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.