bookmark manager jumping to the top

Description of the issue:The Bookmarks Manager won’t stay still. It keeps jumping to the top of my bookmarks. This primarily happens when I am trying to organize my bookmarks, however it has also happened just when scrolling down the page as well. This problem occurs at seemingly irregular intervals. Sometimes it might be a few seconds. Sometimes it might be a minute. The frequency of this is making it extremely difficult to organize my bookmarks.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go into the Bookmarks Manager.
  2. Create some folders to categorize your bookmarks with.
  3. Begin moving bookmarks into those folders, scrolling down your bookmarks list as you do so (i.e we are talking about quite a few bookmarks here).

Expected result:
The scroll bar should stay where I had it before. For example, if I had scrolled to the middle of the list, I should still be in the middle of the list.
Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

1 Like

Brave Support will probably need your computing device OS version, plus your Brave Browser version. Tx.

I have the same problem. I am trying to clean out my bookmarks a bit (I’m down to under 300 now) but it is very frustrating, because the bookmarks manager seems to be frantically refreshing on me; every time I am anywhere but at the top of the list, it jumps back to the top sometimes even before I can scroll down a few lines. It never stays still for more than a few seconds, often before I can even click a bookmark to move/delete it.
I’ve also noticed this same behavior on the History menu, which I think even happened when I used to use Chrome.
OS Windows 8.1
Brave Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build)

I also have the same problem.
Brave Version 1.28.105 Chromium: 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
OS Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon 5.0.5

1 Like

This problem is still happening.

@Mattches has opened a Github report regarding the issue, but unfortunately there is no progress as of the moment.

1 Like

Good to know, hopefully there will eventually be progress. It’s still happening, even though I’m down to under 150 bookmarks. I sometimes don’t have time to click on one before it frantically jumps back to the top of the list.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.