Blurriness problem

Disclaimer: I only forwarded this issue from someone, though we do have the same issue.

Description of the issue:
so someone in the LTTforum posted something about brave, he says that he’s not going to create another account just for a single issue so that’s the reason why I forwarded it here.
anyways; the person is having issues with how brave browser (and chromium-based browsers as a whole) render the images and text, it seemed blurry.
now, this isn’t something that most of us brave veterans here would notice but from a person’s perspective that has just moved on from firefox to brave, the difference is huge and it gets annoying too. As a matter fact, when i actually installed firefox to compare the blurriness i couldn’t unsee the difference (still sticking to brave don’t worry)
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. have brave and firefox installed
  2. open a website like linustechtips.com (not sponsored) or community.brave.com
  3. compare the home icon and the text of the said webpage in firefox and brave.

Expected result:
brave looks blurrier than firefox to put it simply.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
we both have the latest
Version 1.28.106 Chromium: 92.0.4515.159 (Official Build)

@crcl,
I would suggest they try disabling Hardware Acceleration in the browser and see if this fixes the blurry text issue.

Settings --> Additional --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

(Note that they will have to relaunch the browser after toggling HWA off before the changes will take effect)

I forgot to add additional informations, sorry but from the original post:

I’ve dealt with Chrome having blurry text before, but what intrigues me is the the blurry LTT logo as well. I’ve tried the many quick fixes found my searching including:

-Setting windows DPI scaling to 100%

-Run ClearType tuner

-Disable full-screen optimizations for Brave

-Disable all smoothing/anti-aliasing settings in Radeon software

-Disable hardware acceleration in Brave

Nothing has any effect whatsoever. It’s also worth noting that it isn’t an extension issue. The only extension I have now is SponsorBlock, and the blurriness was there from a fresh install.

edit: trying to tag you because i forgot

Thank you for the information that’s very helpful – however it does knock several of my next suggestions :sweat_smile:
Since you mentioned Chrome, I’m curious if Chrome – or any other browser you might have installed – also shows blurry text or if it’s just Brave?

It’s a Chromium issue, quickly tested with Hibbiki’s build from https://chromium.woolyss.com/.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.