Blue Lines - Crash

I’ve been using Brave for about a month now and 3-4 times I’ve seen blue lined screens like the ones in the images I just uploaded.

I’m on a Macbook Pro using the latest OS (10.15.5) and always keep Brave up to date. Is this a known issue?

When it happens I see the lines on multiple tabs (but not all tabs). When I close a tab and reopen I generally see it again within a few screen loads.

it doesn’t seem to affect any other apps.

I’ve tried quitting and restarting Brave but it comes back quickly. The only thing that seems to fix it is restarting my computer. I’d estimate this is happening once a week.!

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 8.02.27 am|690x486

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

thanks for the suggestion - I’ll give that a go and see if it helps.

Sadly it’s already happened again so the hardware acceleration being turned off doesn’t seem to have helped.

1 Like

I’ve been digging further and this seems to be wider than a Brave problem. Others see it on Chrome as well as other apps (microsoft teams, Lightroom etc).

Going to get onto Apple Support.

1 Like

@oziii,
Would you mind reporting back what you find? I’m seeing some similar threads online as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.