Black screen when entering fullscreen

Description of the issue: Black screen when going fullscreen, including Youtube/Netflix videos, or just F11 to fullscreen the browser window per Windows hotkey.

How can this issue be reproduced? Going fullscreen in any way – with built-in video button, Windows hotkey for fullscreen, etc.

Expected result: Being able to use the browser in fullscreen mode, or while watching videos.

**Brave Version( check About Brave): V1.36.122 (Mar 26, 2022)

• Upgraded Chromium to 99.0.4844.88.

Additional Information:

Windows 10 build 19044.1586, AMD 1700x, AMD 6800XT, 16GB ram

Happens on all three monitors that I have hooked up, 1080p144hz, 1440p144hz, 1080p60hz. Doesn’t happen with other browsers, nor any other program that I have tried. Have attempted restarting computer, updating drivers, making sure Brave is up to date, and trying all the fixes found by searching forums, including adding “–disable-gpu” to launch commands, disabling hardware acceleration, relaunching Brave, ensuring hardware acceleration is off, removing “–disable-gpu”, restarting again and ensuring that hardware acceleration is off. Have tried with only Brave running, closing all other windows and tabs other than the one I’m using, but still experience black screens when going fullscreen. This occurred in the middle of watching a show, with zero issues in the previous ~5hrs of uptime. No system changes occurred, happened literally out of the blue, and now happens consistently.

Update, started happening with all programs other than Edge when going fullscreen. After doing research, AMD Adrenalin 22.3.2 has an issue with using Radeon Super Resolution on 2560x1600 resolution displays, producing a system hang. Their temporary workaround is to set display Scaling Mode to Full Panel. Not quite what my issue was, but enabling GPU Scaling and changing the Scaling Mode to Full Panel seems to have fixed my issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.