YouTube going Blackscreen when watching in fullscreen

Description of the issue:
When I enable fullscreen when watching a video on YT, the whole monitor goes black, after being in fullscreen for a few seconds and I can only hear the sound. Though when i take a screenshot with the screen black, it show as if everything was fine. Then after pressing “F” to get out of fullscreen it goes back to normal after a few seconds. Other than that, Youtube and everything is working fine, I can watch the videos in windowed mode with no issues. I´ve had this issue before, sorted it out (can´t remember how, maybe it sorted itself out) and now it´s happening again. Disabling/enabling hardware acceleration doesn´t work.

Expected result:
YouTube working normally.

Reproduces how often:
Everytime

Operating System and Brave Version:
Windows 10, Brave Version 1.64.122

@prazant,
Thank you for reaching out.
Can you confirm that when you say that you’re going full screen, you are only referring to the Youtube full screen, not the full screen option for the entire browser, correct?

If that is the case, I suspect it may be due to an extension you have installed at this time. Can you please try opening a guest profile (Menu --> More tools --> Open Guest profile), closing the original profile window (so only the guest profile is open) and then streaming content from Youtube in full screen again?

1 Like