Being logged out

Hello,

Today I ran into a problem when the browser automatically logged out of me from everywhere. I tried reinstalling Brave but today it happened again. Brave automatically updated and it every site where I’m logged in is like “ye, log in again”. Can anyone please help me? It’s really annoying that every time I restart my Windows 10 computer I have to log in again and again. In older versions of Brave, I never had such an issue but now it’s still the same.

I’ll appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely, Leading Team of SpaceProtect.net

@ItsVaness,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Can you please check and see if you have any data set to be cleared “on exit” in Settings --> History --> Clear browsing data --> [On exit]?

All I see is only this:

Thank you for testing.
Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time? Additionally, do you have any system maintenance software (such as cCleaner) running on your machine? Sometimes software like this will unknowingly wipe cookie/cache data on the system.

Wait a second, probably my selfcoded program causes that.

I’m actually deleting stuff from temp files if that is the issue.
I’ll show you where I remove the temp data.

C:\Windows\Temp\
C:\Windows\Prefetch\
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\
userhome + \AppData\Local\Temp\

@ItsVaness,
Your data is held (on Windows) in \AppData\Local so that may be it. Can you try testing and seeing if that is in fact the case?

I do see two other users reporting this exact same issue so there is a chance that the issue is on our end as well. Please let me know what you find out when testing so I know whether or not we need to further troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you

I’ll try the program, give me a second.

Nope, still when I relaunch my browser, I’m being logged out.

• tried with program = logged out
  • tried without program = logged out
1 Like

Thanks for confirming. Reaching out to the devs now for a closer look.

1 Like

Thanks, I really hope that this will be resolved as soon as possible. :heart:

For now, thanks and enjoy the rest of your day.

Soo any clue about this situation?

Hello @ItsVaness

could you check the following till Mattches back from weekend

1. go to brave://settings/cookies and make sure that Clear cookies and site data when you close all windows is not checked

2. are you sure you did not change any flag here brave://flags/

3. could you try with new browser profile and see if the new profile work fine or not?

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue as well. Made sure the clear setting is correct and also tried a new profile. Still the Same problem… Every time I turn on my PC, I’m signed out of everything on Brave. It did not use to do this and I have no idea what changed. Been this way for many weeks now.

1 Like

If you scroll up, you can see that 1 step is OK.

Exactly, I’ve run into this with the update, when I downgrade it does work.
Probably devs made some issue :smiley: but yea It is acceptable ^^

there 2 things used for clear cache on exit

1. the one you show up
  2. the other one that i shared

and glad to know you figured it out hope they release an update soon to fix it

and have a nice day everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

About this step “brave://flags/” I have everything in default.
But yea thanks for your help ^^

1 Like

@ItsVaness you welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had this issue since January of this year. I get logged out of most (not all) sites every day, regardless of checking a “keep me logged in” box.

I’ve quintuple checked all the applicable Brave settings. I’ve tried allowing everything for the sites it affects the most. I believe the issue has been brought up in multiple posts now, including one I replied in, but it has never been fixed. Every morning i need to login to all my accounts all over again, why?

It also resets other types of data on certain sites that used to save (IE checklists on Guilded). Sometimes I spend several minutes redoing things every day, which is incredibly frustrating. It never used to be that way.

I"ve used Brave for over 3 years now and love it otherwise, but I might have to start using another browser soon because it wastes too much of my time.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this.
I’ve been also using Brave for some time and yea … after some updates this issue has happened.
It’s kinda sad but yea … what can we do, we have to wait for bug-fix I guess.