BAT sent to @BravePublishers even though I didn't have auto contribute on

The topic header says it all, I didn’t have auto contribute on but I open the browser, saw that it needed an update. I updated then realized that 19.5 of my BAT had been sent to @BravePublishers via auto contribute.

1 Like

I noticed an issue with the amount that was auto-contributed. I had set my auto-contribute to 5 BAT per month on both my Windows 10 PC and MacBook Pro. Today I noticed on the Rewards Summary for July 2020 that my auto-contribute was 20 BAT. I never changed that setting or consented to that amount. When I went to check my settings in both the PC and laptop, the setting for Auto-Contribute > Monthly drop down was blank . I don’t know for sure, but I think this is related to the recent Brave update. I have updated both in the last 2 weeks. I would like to get my 15 BAT back but I don’t see a way to do that via this community or on their site.

1 Like

Exactly this is happening for lot of users in the recent days. What a fine bug they have created…
Cheers for them :tropical_drink:

1 Like

The fact that we’ve received no replies from anyone related to brave support is starting to anger me. The fact that they don’t seem to care that their software is actively stealing from their users and they are doing nothing to stop is making me think that the only way to get answers is to go to the Better Business Bureau.

1 Like

I decided I would try to work this issue through Uphold. I went to the Activity list and clicked on the transaction to send a question about my options for an unauthorized charge. I will report back if they give me any viable options to correct this problem.