BAT Counter (Uncredited) halved after latest Brave update 1.25.86

Briefly describe your issue:
I originally had more than 2.x BAT. After the latest over-the-air update of Brave 1.25.86 on 28-29 May, my BAT fell to 1.x BAT.

This is referring to the uncredited BAT inside the browser, and NOT related to Uphold.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10 21H1
Version 1.25.68 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Months Ago.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Not Applicable

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

Yesterday my reward 350 ads only 0.0035 bat why cut day by day

I have seen the same behaviour. Yesterday on the new tab BAT card I noted that I’d reached 5.0xx bat this month. This morning I think it was still there first thing, but now, a couple of hours later I look and I’m currently at 2.515.

My answers to the OS/Wallet questions are all the same as @boppinparty

1 Like

Exactly what happened to me. Last month only got 1.7 BAT out of the 7 I was owed. Jun 5 says 225 ads and it was sitting at almost 4 BAT now it cut down to 1.7. Like I said in another comment I’m really starting to suspect this isn’t going to be a legitimate crypto for too much longer. Constantly see totals disappearing and not a peep from anyone at Brave rewards or support. Contacting them directly has done literally nothing.

@boppinparty @Gwenom @flippertie You didn’t lose any BAT. There was a glitch that made it appear as though you had more BAT than you actually did. That glitch is now fixed, and your display is now accurate.

1 Like

Actually yes I did lose BAT. This has literally nothing to do with that. It’s been happening for months now. So glad people love to defend this and try telling others that it’s a “glitch” when this has gone on for months now. Even gone entire months where BAT earned went to zero and never got it in my wallet.

same thing happenig with me

Hey all!

What @rosiecar linked to is relevant to all issues where estimated earnings seemingly disappear.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Porridge

1 Like

Hey @Gwenom !

If you believe the issue you are having is not related to the estimated earnings disappearing, please make a new thread or DM me with more information on the details of your issue!

Thank you,

Porridge

1 Like

Actually this raises the question - do I trust Brave when they now claim, that the BAT counter is fixed, and whatever quantity displayed is accurate?

When we do crypto transactions, or bank transactions, we can see all records on the book, we can verify that the balance is accurate, we export and safekeep these records.

Brave has no such bookkeeping. Between one ad to another, one payout to another, and one glitch to another, the BAT counter is a random fluctuating value. For example, we don’t even know how much of our BAT belongs to this month’s 6 Jun payout, and which has been roll over-ed to the 7 Jul payout.

We have no justification for what our BAT counter is displaying. We only have our gut feeling of what the value ought to be, and our trust in Brave. This should not be the case for anything that involves money, and would not stand in any kind of financial or security audit.

This time at least, I have chosen to trust Brave, because my BAT halving coincided with the 1.25.86 update, and the glitch was mentioned in the release notes. Thus I’m marking it resolved.

But really, we should not have to guess how much BAT we have, digging up release notes to check why the BAT counter felt off, or facing regular glitches on the BAT counter.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.