Any suggestion to stop webRTC leak with Brave Dev browser?

Using Privacy Badger for the sole purpose of blocking webRTC leak. I normally use ublock origin, decentralyces, stayfocusd, https everywhere and bitwarden in firefox and chrome.
I thought since Brave has default security settings I should use minimal addons which increase/decrease security of the browser.
So thought against using HTTPS Everywhere and ublock origin. But had to chose between ublock origin or Privacy Badger to prevent webRTC leak (As this is the only way now to block webRTC leak in chrome).

What does the Brave community think?

Really looks and feels excellent.
By the way, when would we expect this on mobiles and iPhones?
Thanks
Nellai

There a small discussion about it here - Preview and list of custom filter and the following link mentions it additon to Brave-Core.

As for the extensions, I think the ongoing research and improvements to the features post 1.0 will have many users deprecate their usage of uBo which also has the prevent ip leak, Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere wouldn’t probably be installed by any Brave user seeing as it’s practically built into the browser itself. However, Decentralyces is probably the only privacy addition some users may use, though I haven’t used it myself.

I think they’re going to work on the mobile versions after they’ve worked on the Browser versions, so post 1.0. The timeline and roadmap isn’t as through and updated as their browser version, they just have snippets of information.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.
Yes. I understand there is no need of a cookies manager as Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere as they are built in.
But (to block webRTC leak) among Privacy Badger and uBO which one interferes more with Brave? I guessed uBO might interfere more with Brave security settings. So I went with Privacy Badger as of now.
Of course when we move on to next releases once webRTC leak prevention is built in as in regular Brave, then no need to use either of them.

@nellaiseemai did you enable FPP? This generally stops any webRTC leaks.

What is FPP? I want to ensure I don’t have any WebRTC leaks in Brave, new user. How do i do that or is it built in?

Go to settings
Brave shield & privacy
WebRTC IP handling policy
Select the option (Disabled non-proxied UDP) i have shown.

This is for Android.

For desktop search webRTC in settings and select the same option (Disabled non-proxied UDP) from drop down menu.

Thanks very much. I saw those two options:

• Default Public Interface Only: WebRTC should only use the default route used by http. This doesn’t expose any local addresses.

• Disable Non-Proxied UDP: WebRTC should only use TCP to contact peers or servers unless the proxy server supports UDP. This doesn’t expose any local addresses either.

Curious, is the 4th better than the 3rd, and why if so? thanks again

I don’t know. I remember reading in some privacy centric websites.

Edit: You can test webRTC leak test here: https://www.expressvpn.com/webrtc-leak-test?cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww
It seems working.
I’m using Brave beta and nightly on Android.

If it seems not working I’d suggest you raise that with Brave asap as many people are relying on that functionality!

I have heard that both are good and no disadvantages in using either. Use any one them.
Both do the same job prevent webtrtc leaks in different manner.

1 Like

It is working on this test site.

Earlier i was testing on some other test site.
You can check yours.