Hi, I am running Ubuntu 16.4 LTS. Version 0.56.12 Chromium: 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit).
Last night I applied a bunch of updates which the Ubuntu updater recommended. No, I don’t remember what they all were.
- This morning after a reboot Brave disappeared from the Launcher.
- Starting it from the search puts it back on the Launcher, but when attempting to lock to the Launcher, I saw it was already locked!!!
- First screen was a Welcome to Brave tutorial.
- Message: You are using an unsupported command-line flag. --no-sandbox. Stability and security will suffer.
- All my setting are gone. All! No bookmarks. No home pages. No Brave Payments. My title bar has disappeared. My BAT account has disappeared.
What happened? What in heavens name did you do to me THIS TIME?
YOUR. BROWSER. MUST. BE. IMPERVIOUS. TO. UPDATES.
Why isn’t it?
Please provide a step-by-step detailed walk-through or user guide to undo this mess.
Regards, and thank you in advance for a speedy solution,