New update causes extensions and settings to disappear

performance
windows
bug

Description of the issue: All settings and extensions disappeared with update.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. None. Update erased all settings.

**Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):**As above.

Expected result: All settings and extenstions should have carried over.

Reproduces how often: Every time.

**Brave Version(about:brave):**Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): Yes

Additional Information: Very frustrating. Have to go in and install all extensions and search out where all settings are and reset them individually.

Hi @Reidob,

• The nee Brave is a complete re-write so it’s not port over the extension. You can install it from Chrome Web Store for now.
  • What settings that not imported?

Thanks for using Brave
:slightly_smiling_face:

You say that as if it makes sense, though! No other browser eliminates settings and extensions when it updates. You are going to have a bunch of angry people and lose many users. I now have to go through the hassle of reconfiguring all my settings and downloading my extensions all over again.

The particular setting I can no longer find is to set my bookmarks bar to display only favicons.

What he means is that the Chromium version is an entirely new rewrite of the browser. Its not updating previous framework, but rather installing our new ones. Many things are imported from the old browser but because the structure of the two are completely different, some things are not moved over in the way you might imagine.

Hope this helps.