All of my saved passwords were deleted - what happened?

Description of the issue: When logging in to all of my accounts today all of my saved passwords are gone. I went to the saved password page in settings and everything is gone.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. I don’t know how it happened. Essentially I go to any site and go to login - no key pops up in the URL and no saved passwords or logins autopopulate.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Passwords gone

No autofill just saved emails? It usually shows my work email and a password.

No password autofill popping up.

This is for all of my logins.

Expected result: My emails and passwords should be autofilling

Reproduces how often: Every account I use.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): Mac Sonoma 14.5
Version 1.68.137 Chromium: 127.0.6533.100 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:

@micaela you should update your browser, as issue has been resolved and the fix is in update.

As to your question about what happened, you can topics like Aggregate Topic: Lost Passwords in July 2024 update where it’s explained.

This same issue happened to me after my browser automatically update
I’m still able to view saved history and addresses that were saved.

I’m on Windows 11, version 23H2
Brave version v 1.68.141
The issue started after logging onto my computer on Monday morning, I attempted the password recovery by using “–enable-features=SkipUndecryptablePasswords” but it only gave me the saved “aaaaa” passwords that were saved using a different password recovery attempt on this forum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.