Autofill/Manage Passwords: All usernames and passwords have disappeared!

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. When I went to the Brave preferences/settings > Autofill, I noticed all my previously saved Usernames & passwords were gone! ) It’s strange because my addresses & payment methods are still intact.
  2. I also received an error message that a corrupt file may have effected something.
  3. I tried researching online how to restore it and used advice from this forum including: searching this path: “C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default”, searching for these files: “Login data.bak” & “Login data”, and logging out then back-in- but no luck!

I’m hoping someone from the Brave support team can help.

Brave Version: 1.45.133:

Additional Information: This issue happened before changing my login credentials, or before I cleared any data. I’m using MACOS Montgomery Version 12.6.1 (MACAir)and my sync is off. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.