Adding Bookmarks

In Chrome, when I’m on a Web page, there is a star in the bar where the three dots are.
If the star is white, the page has not been added to the bookmarks.
If it is blue, it has been.
Clicking on the star allows you to add the page as a bookmark, edit it, and move it to another place in your bookmarks if you so choose.

Please add this to Brave.
It is important to me because I keep a large number of pages as bookmarks, organized into categories - e.g. ‘News’, with then subcategories such as ‘Domestic’, ‘International’, etc.
Being able to quickly and easily add bookmarks and edit them is crucial to my use of the Web.
I realize that in Brave you can use ‘Ctrl-d’ to bring up the option to add a bookmark and edit it. But that doesn’t let me see at a glance, when I’m on a Web page, whether it had already been added as a bookmark - Chrome does.

So Please change Brave so it acts like Chrome in this respect. If you do, I’d happily set Brave as my default browser.

You mean this? (which already exists?)

bookmark 1

vs

Adding Bookmarks - Brave Feature Requests _ Desktop Requests - Brave Community - Brave 7_18_2022 5_44_24 PM

That little thing on the left is the bookmark button. Tap it to save to bookmarks. If it already is in bookmarks, it is filled in like you see in the second picture.

Tapping it

allows you to add the page as a bookmark, edit it, and move it to another place in your bookmarks if you so choose…

Untitled - Paint 7_18_2022 5_46_32 PM

Thanks. I was looking for something in the upper right, like Chrome. :confused:

1 Like