About the Feedback category

Post feedback on Brave, Brave Rewards and Community here. Please be constructive!

Use this post to let us know how you feel! We love getting feedback from our users and will always aim to better ourselves so that we can better serve our users. That said, please note that rude, vulgar or aggressive language or discussion will not under any cirucmstances be tolerated.

These are the only real guidelines for this category. Please be respectful.

Iā€™ve moved over and I love it.
One tiny little thing.

STOP TELLING ME TO BACKUP MY WALLET.
I have!

Haha, love your work.

1 Like

The new update is incredibleā€“I love how clean and uncluttered webpages are now that ad slots are removed. Itā€™s changed my experience of web browsing: I canā€™t remember the last time reading content online was so streamlined and focused. I definitely never realized how much psychological clutter having so many ads created, but without it using the internet is so much better. Bravo guys, really awesome product.

2 Likes

Hello,

I like the design and features of Brave. However, I would like to get some help from someone who understand where issues are coming from. If you look at this attachment well, you can see that my Google Sheet is not displaying information well. I feel very frustrated by this issue. When I open the same link in Chrome, data display well. Now, I am wondering whether I can go back to Chrome whereas I had chosen Brave for good. Please, help me to fix the issue.

Thank you in advance.Display%20Problem

Hi There!

Iā€™ve been using Brave for a couple weeks now and it is GREAT!

There is a noticeable difference between Brave and other browsers (IS/FF/Chr) as it is much faster, even at work. And it is so Clean to work with! Iā€™m very impressed.

Thanks!

p.s. How can I get some of my photos as featured background? Can be viewed here: https://gurushots.com/kewldallas/photos

1 Like

Just some feedback on the Browser. When I was browsing with Chrome it was really really slow, cache issues and page not responding it was taking sooo long to load but then when I would browse on the actual Google Chrome itself it was fast. So I read something in here about the settings and reset it back to my old setting and I found I was browsing under duck duck go. I have since added the duckduckgo extention to Brave and now itā€™s really quick and loads sites better however it has seem to disconnect my uphold wallet, not that it matters as I never use the wallet.

Hello, Good day!

I am a newbie user. I decided to do research about browsers because I have low end PC (slow PC) and wanted to optimize my browsing experience. I found out about Brave browser.
Some articles saying that Brave consumes memory less than Chrome, faster, have extensions like Chrome and etc. So I decided to download and use Brave.

The first thing I tested was the memory usage unfortunately, I was disappointed because when I look at my task manager, Brave uses more memory than Chrome (1 tab only - current site: Facebook). Chrome uses 289 MB while Brave uses 525MB with just 1 tab of Facebook.

I guess I will go back to Chrome then.

1 Like

Confused, not selling like Mc Hot Cakes and tacos? Chromium is Googleā€™s and MS is using that too. What about Firefox or Netscapeā€™s build?

Hi,
Great browser!
I came across this little mistake, wanted to let you know.

Its Dutch btw.

Bye!

Hello. I love using the browser. I want to report a problem. When I download a file in the incognito window it switches to the normal window. Namely; I open the incognito window. I want to download image. However, it automatically switches to the main window that is open during image download. Repeating this process every time is a big problem for me. Thanks. (If this is not the place for the topic, you can move it.)

Hi. The latest version (1.30.1) on iOS seems to have changed the browser lock security method. For Brave, I used to us a PIN to unlock it as I do not want it to unlock just because I open the app and it sees my face. I do want to enter the PIN. Can that feature please be brought back?

BR

Hello,
In the latest version, the icons on the taskbar are the same in the regular window and the window with Tor. In earlier versions, they were different and this was very convenient. Please return different icons!

Brave Browser I love it! Sometimes it errors and cant find pages that google will, but I hate using google. But your prove your human thing is so broken. Drag the bat to the circle square and triangle, 10-15 times and it only ever says hmm not quite right.

Update: I found another post about this. They suggested adjusting the page zoom. This fixed the issue for me.

Do you think you could allow us to remove your new video crap in the top right corner. All it does is screw up you tube so that anything open in a new tab starts to play automatically (which of course was disabled) so if you have a couple of windows open you donā€™t even know which one started to play and you have to go to all of them one by one and pause them. Never used to work that way and WHY would you want it to. How about next time you ask if we want a new feature rather than just releasing it and leaving everyone who dislikes it to hunt the net for hours some times just trying to turn the damn thing off that you never turned on and never would turn on. PLEASE REMOVE it.

Overscroll

Brave for Mac, Version 1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (x86_64); MacOS Ventura 13.1

Pages with a fixed header at the top overscroll (whether by PgDn/PgUp keys, scrollbar, or spacebar), requiring backing up several lines (in proportion to the thickness of the fixed header) to continue reading. Safari, Firefox, iCab all scroll correctly. This is a Brave problem on every page with fixed headers that Iā€™ve ever encountered.

Check it out on THIS VERY PAGE!

åÆ仄請ę‚Øę–°å¢žäø­ę–‡ē¹é«”台ē£(zh-tw)ēš„å®˜ę–¹ē¶²ē«™å—Ž?也åøŒęœ›ęœå°‹å¼•ę“Žēš„éƒØåˆ†ä¹Ÿčƒ½ę”Æę“é€™å€‹čŖžč؀!

Great browser, with one exception, the home page is now, well, a bit annoying in the latest release for Android. You had a good thing with the nature pictures. Please consider restoring this feature.

Hi, i wanted to share some feedback for the new implemented side-tab bar:

I found that on mac for almost any video (youtube included) that you want to play the side-bar is visible in fullscreen mode and thats a bit annoying
btw i started using it today and it feels natural already, really great implementation!!

Rewards from what I can tell are fake. In 2-3 years now, with the program running 24/7 on my computer, and well, also on my other computer, and on my other computer, Oh, and using it on my phoneā€¦ I have 4.70 BAT built up, Now, I only have it set to show 10 ads per hour, and it is showing me those adsā€¦ In the last month, according to the statement it has shown me right at the number of 10/hour for 31 days, or 44 for those people who are bad at math as much as Brave doesā€¦ (Yep, 44 in the last month, 10 per HOUR? it should do 44 in, well, 4.4 hours, not 31 DAYS)ā€¦

I havenā€™t bothered to setup the place where it pushes the BAT over (a huge $0.87 worth in the last several yearsā€¦)

So, Iā€™m really thinking of turning this off, I mean, why even bother?

I mean, I could have tipped 87 cents to content providers over the last 3-4 years, and Iā€™m sure someone out there would have been excited about that to the point that they would have made a whole video about that donationā€¦

And, yeah, this is dripping with sarcasmā€¦ but really, it has been years, multiple machines (Windows, OSX / Intel, 2 OSX-M1 machines, IOS machineā€¦ basically 10+ hours per day in brave or with it up and running on the machine that Iā€™m using)ā€¦ and Nothingā€¦ Actually, for a lot of that time it said it couldnā€™t work on that machine (Windows) due to some limitationsā€¦ but it got over that, and I got rewards one month, and recently, Iā€™m seeing ads, not nearly 10/hour, heck that is one every 6 minutes and Iā€™ve seen maybe 5 todayā€¦ but 5 todayā€¦ times 31 is 44ā€¦ for those math challenged peopleā€¦

So, it canā€™t count, never has been able to, canā€™t credit an account, never has been able toā€¦ and clearly is brokenā€¦ andā€¦ always has beenā€¦ so, why donā€™t you want money? Iā€™m confused hereā€¦ I mean, I tell you you can show ads, you donā€™t, and you say you are going to give me BAT for it, and you donā€™tā€¦ (it says it will award some today, should double what I have it it really worked, but well, not holding my breathā€¦)

Other than that, I love the browserā€¦ and fought HARD to get it approved in the company I work forā€¦ (Failed because of TOR and them not wanting to approve another browserā€¦ but convinced all the people reviewing it that they should install and use it themselvesā€¦)