About receive Rewards to Non-custody Wallet

Hi @Saoiray, Based on this article

But I’m a little lacking in information. I saw entries connecting my ETH and Solana wallets on the page https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org. I used to use Uphold but it blocked my country from 2022 and did not open until now. So I was looking for information about connecting a non-custodial wallet and it is now available on my account.

I’m a little curious, does on-chain payment apply to Creators/Publisher’s proactive advertising payments like Uphold but on-chain, or does it only serve BAT tips? ?
Before my country was blocked by Uphold, my channel system received active BAT (not tips). So with the upcoming changes in receiving Rewards, will proactive BAT from Creators through advertising be paid onchain? Or is it simply my backer sending tips to the wallet I connected?

I believe it is by invite only. You aren’t the only one blocked by the custodial exchanges.

Hey @mrspir, sorry I missed this even though you tagged me. I most likely got distracted and forgot to come back. In terms of Creators, it only allows peer to peer (p2p) tipping. You can’t withdraw prior earnings out to it, at least not that I’m aware.

Essentially what happens in Creators is we set up multiple methods of being able to receive tips and then people can make those tips based on their choice. So you as a Creator would be able to link to Uphold, on-chain, etc. Then the user tips based on whatever they are using.

And yeah, on-chain tipping is just them sending token to your wallet. When tipping, person gets charged gas and all. So it’s the exact same as if they had just known your info and sent using whatever crypto wallet they want. I guess it’s just more convenient by being a little more automated through the browser.

1 Like

Above is about Creator. If you’re speaking of using for Rewards as a user, such as getting paid to view ads, that’s a little more limited at this time. They have been sending out invites through the browser to people. Overall been putting focus on the more recent batch of invites to people who are from countries that can’t connect via Uphold, Gemini, BitFlyer, or ZebPay.

Unless/until you get that invite, can’t sign up for on chain payments for Rewards and have no choice but to use a custodial account. Still no real ETA on when it will be more readily available to everyone.

Thank you for your response. The issue I’m asking about isn’t quite from the user perspective. It pertains to the Creator program. To give you a better understanding, I have about 20 channels participating in Brave’s creator network, and each month I receive around 800 to 1000 BAT from displaying Brave ads on my network’s content, including websites and YouTube, etc. I previously received these through Uphold. However, they have banned my country, so I can no longer receive it that way.

Therefore, I’m wondering if it’s possible to switch receiving BAT from the creator program to a non-custodial wallet instead. Based on my experience, receiving tips is much lower compared to receiving BAT from Brave’s active ad system. I have real data from before: with about 800 BAT from ads from users, I received only 1.5 BAT in tips. You can see it doesn’t provide any significant support.

That’s why what I’m really concerned about is whether publishers in countries banned by Uphold & Gemini, like ours, can receive it through a non-custodial wallet.

Well, @mrspir, this would be a topic I’m not familiar of. To be frank, I’ve not known Brave to pay to display ads on Creator’s content. That said, I’m going to tag in @Evan123 and @steeven as they are from Brave and will know more about what you’re speaking of and should be able to give some answers.

1 Like

You can receive direct, onchain contributions by adding your ETH or SOL address to each channel on your account at https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/

You can learn more here: https://brave.com/blog/on-chain-contributions/

If you wish to receive monthly auto-contributions and indirect support from Brave Rewards users, you will need to connect a custodial account to your Creators account.

1 Like

Hi @Evan123

This is exactly the issue I’m concerned about, it’s about auto-contributions. I’m wondering if Brave has plans or is interested in connecting a non-custodial account to receive auto-contributions from Brave’s ad network? Because this is the main revenue generating channel for Publishers. However, custody wallets like Uphold and Gemini do not allow my country to participate. This causes many obvious inconveniences, so if it were open to non-custodial wallets to receive auto-contributions like it is doing with current donations, it would be much better than waiting endlessly from a 3rd party supplier.

I’ve seen a lot of people have the same situation and for me, my content contribution network is very large and it has stopped for more than 2 years (last is Dec-2022) now because Uphold banned my country because of the cheating problem. , invisibly affects genuine Publishers. I’m quite sad because some bad individuals have made a big impact.

Onchain tipping is currently available for all non-verified accounts. However, it is required to have a verified custodial account if wanting to participate in the auto-contribute feature for Rewards users.

There are technical and privacy limitations with auto-contribute for Web3, i.e. revealing txn information for contributions.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.