Brave Rewards disappearing from Wallet

Hello!

Notice: This is a post I made early today in the BAT Community

I’m using the Nightly build in Brazil, the Brave Rewards are working and I seeing notifications. Couple of days ago I had 2.4 BAT from this to be received this month. Turns out that those BAT vanished, I can see all the ADs that had been displayed to me, but the rewards no. The Wallet is verified at Uphold, but the rewards aren’t there either.

Another thing is that I have a website verified as a Brave Publisher, and I have sent 4.5 BAT as a Tip to it. And I have seem the BAT there but didn’t withdraw at the time, today I logged at Uphold to see that those BATs had vanished.

What is going on here? This is pretty bad!

Edit: I want to give some feedback on this. Why you guys are generating the Wallet? If this is really needed them two things:

1. Provide the Public and Private Key to the User. That way the user can trace what happened to funds going in and out the Wallet
  2. Provide at the very least a resume of the Wallet transactions

As I understand you guys are running this token on the Ethereum blockchain. I think the best approach here is to not ever know the Private Key. So I think the that for the best transparency, the user should be asked to Generate a ETH wallet at MyEtherWallet or something of the like AND provide a PUBLIC ADDRESS to the Brave Browser. Just my 2 cents. If you hold the Private Key you are not so cool anymore.

Edit2: Just received 1.95 BAT in the Uphold Account.

Edit3: This is a deal breaker for me, if I can’t control the private key, there is zero confidence on the feature. I think that the premise of Blockchain is ‘zero-trust’, in this configuration that can’t be reached.

Hi there, if you submitted BAT during the freeze period (1st-8th of every month) that BAT will be delayed to the following month’s payout. This is likely what happened to you.

BAT tips are also paid out in chunks. It is normal to not get everything right away. :slight_smile: Your payouts should settle and even out as the months go on.

1 Like

I got 1.95 BAT today, maybe the delay is related to this freeze period you said. And the fact it is 1.95 and not 2.4, is related to fact we got a estimate, and not a precise amount in the Rewards window.

When you say “submitted BAT”, you mean funding the Wallet? Then no, I didn’t. Those 2.4 BAT was to come because of Advertise displayed to me. Now, still I got some BAT vanished from Uphold. And the most weird part is that I can see an earlier activity when a sent 10 BAT to my own website, they got there as 9.5 BAT that I can see in this little log. But the 5 BAT I sent after that is not there anymore. Now thinking about that, maybe those coins got wiped in the blockchain because of orphaned block?

There is a discrepancy in the estimated BAT reward:

Sorry, typo in my previous response. I meant “credited” not “submitted” (As in, if that BAT was added to your account during the freeze period, you wont get it until next month…)

There was a glitch with the balance recently – fully exit and restart Brave and your balances will re-settle.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.