Description of the issue:
Brave does not appear to respect 302 redirects, even with Shields down. When using a site such as popurls.com which opens links in a new tab, calls a popurls affiliate link and redirects to the URL, the new tab opens, the affiliate link gets called and the 302 redirect gets set, but then Brave refuses to follow it and just stops, leaving a blank page. No other Mac browser does this (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) – only Brave (stable and dev).
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Visit popurls.com using Brave stable/dev on Mac
- Click on a link
- Affiliate Link will open in a new tab (e.g., http://popurls.com/go/pop/le261d470f62f85007f0415053c45324a)
- Affiliate link will set a 302 redirect to the actual content link
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Brave refuses to follow the 302 redirect, resulting in a blank page.
Reloading the tab will force the 302 redirect
As with all other browsers (Chrome/Firefox/Safari), the 302 redirect should be followed immediately and not require a page reload.
Reproduces how often:
100% of the time
- Version 0.60.4 Chromium: 72.0.3626.17 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)
- Version 0.58.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
I’ve tried debugging this, but the new tab opens without the developer tools open, so I am unable to see where the failure occurs.
Note that I have also set Shields down for popurls.com.