Ad pop-ups and redirects

Description of the issue: Ad Popups and redirects

Exact URL of the website in question: file-upload.com

Screenshot of the ad as it appears in Brave

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no) yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? NO

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.42 (22.8.15.22) IOS IPAD

Hey, umm I tried to download the same thing on my Windows and didn’t get any popups and redirects. Probably turn off shields and turn it on and it should work. If this doesn’t work then try turning Ads & Locking to aggressive.
You can do that by going to settings ->Shields -There you’ll see an option to do that

I’ve tried the steps you mentioned, yet there is no change :confused:
Thanks tho!

Gotta do something with iPad os I guess

@Aman_M @Saoiray can you guys help here

@TheOnlyGoodDevil Welcome to the community.

Might want to provide details of filter lists and/or custom filters you have enabled at brave://settings/shields/filters. I think uBlock and Fanboy lists are enabled by default, but not certain.

1 Like

The settings are as follows:

Thanks for additional screenshots! It did not register this was iOS. The filter lists I referenced are only available on desktop and I think Android. I can’t help with iOS. It is different but I think there is a way to add blockers to iOS. Posting a link that may help. Hopefully community members familiar with ad-blocking on an iOS or support staff like @fanboynz will drop in to help.

Sorry for any confusion I injected into this thread! I missed this was for iOS.

I thought I was missing something :joy:

Anyway let me try the method you mentioned. Appreciate your assistance!

1 Like

@TheOnlyGoodDevil Have you tried updating Brave? Also, when you toggle-off shields, you get an option to report the website and the changes generally reflect in 2-3 working days. Chocoholic has already tagged fanboynz who will be able to do the needful.

2 Likes

As others said, unfortunately iOS doesn’t have the same capabilities as other devices. I spoke with Anthony Keane, who oversees mobile development, and he said it’s something they are working on for the future but they are restricted a bit at this time.

This was one of the most frustrating things about switching from Android to iPhone for me. There’s no way for custom filters or scriptlets, also no option to change to aggressively block trackers & ads. We get some protection but not nearly as much as otherwise would get.

Btw, if you get time, might want to listen in a bit to that call as they were talking a few things they were working on with Mobile. Link to listen is https://youtu.be/aI_SXUeW8IM

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.