20 BATs disappeared from my wallet

Dear,

On October 3rd I noticed that 20 BATs disappeared from my wallet and were sent to Brave Software International without my authorization.
The self-contribution setting is and always has been disabled.

That’s why I’m asking you for a refund of my 20 BATs.

Thank you for your understanding.

Pending your response, I send you, my best regards.

3 Likes

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

Make sure you don’t have auto contribute set in your settings on any brave install you do tied to that wallet. I forgot to do that on one and I got poofskied of 20BAT also.

@Hardrada

Please read my post before reply :

The self-contribution setting is and always has been disabled.

1 Like

You didn’t mention if you had more than one install attached to the wallet.

On my three brave browsers it’s disable.

i have the same problem in my wallet, i lost nearly US$ 0,50 and i don’t understand why this is happen. My auto contribute is off

2 Likes

I have the same problem. I’ve tried to contact Uphold first and they send me here. Should I open up a new topic or can you help me through here?

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Oct 2 20 BAT was sent from my uphold account to Brave Software International. I did not authorize this, and auto contribute is off on the 3 computers I use Brave.

I emailed [email protected] but that email is closed.

What should I do?

edit:
Here’s the transaction message:

20.00 BAT

From your Brave Browser

20.00 BAT

To Brave Software International

@Cezika @LilyyEvans @mcgus,

DM to @steeven (Click on his profile then > Message) with required information :-

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

Also @WaterFluid the Wallet ID is very sensitive information to share publicly, could you remove it from your post?

1 Like

Following back up on this to share my findings: Hopped on a call with a couple great Brave team members who had me look through some things. It ended up being my fault, one of my several computers inadvertently had Auto Contribute on and I missed it while validating they all had it off.

#MyFault, but thanks again to the team for being so great to reach out so quick and dig in!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.