Yubikey fails after update

bug

When I used the snap installation of Brave, I could use Yubikey to sign into google, twitter and facebook. After update to version 0.59.35 Chromium: 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit) I get this error message:

Something went wrong. Please re-insert your security key and try again. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your browser. [Try Again]

I’m not sure if this is related, but chromium 72 introduced a WebAuthenticationProxyCryptotoken feature that enforces the websafe-base64-encoding based on the FIDO U2F specification. You could run a test to see if it works when the flag is disabled.

To disable the flag, completely shut down and relaunch chromium from the command line with the following flag set:
–disable-features=WebAuthenticationProxyCryptotoken

Reference for developers:

Hello, sorry about this. The snap isn’t officially supported.

I am not on snap any more, proper install. And the Yubikey doesn’t work. IMAG0755_640x480

Interestingly, Latpass + Yubikey works fine.

What Brave version on which OS are you currently using with which model of Yubikey?

Linux Mint 19.1, Version 0.60.45 Chromium: 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit) , YubiKey NEO

Looks like there might be a new Chromium bug about this, so I’m holding off on this particular report until we get that sorted out.

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.