Yubikey not working using Brave on Ubuntu 20.04

Yubikey not working using Brave on Ubuntu 20.04. Brave version is Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Using https://demo.yubico.com/webauthn as a test website and using the same laptop and OS in testing.

The Yubikey works fine when using Firefox and Chrome, but Brave refuses to detect the Yubikey . No error in Brave beyond an eventual time out waiting for the Yubikey response.

Does anyone else have this issue and or can try and replicate to see if this is just my config? I have to switch to Firefox so I can login to any services that require the Yubikey currently which is annoying but survivable. So this is not a critical issue by any means.

Hello @ahunter

not sure if that would help or not
try to enable this and see if it works
brave://settings/content/usbDevices

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hi @justsomeone1,

Thank you for that. I completely forgot to mention that I had tried that setting already. It’s currently set to ask when a site wants access. The only other option being to turn off all access.

Hope you have a nice day too.

you very welcome

2 things to check also

1. does turning off the shield make any defferance
  2. could you disable all extension and see if it make differeance

and thanks :slight_smile:

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Notifications were not working so I thought this topic had no updates.

I have done as requested and it made no difference.

thank you

it’s ok do not be sorry let me ask someone from the team to help you @Mattches
and have a nice day both of you

@ahunter,
I see that we have an issue that was just opened for this – this wasn’t you by chance was it? :slight_smile:

Nope. Not me, but good to know I am not crazy.

1 Like