Yubikey doesn't work in Brave on Linux (Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria/Ubuntu)

I’m using Brave Browser

My Yubikey isn’t recognized in Brave Browser. I can use it just fine in Firefox. Is there a workaround to get it working in Brave or do I just need to only access those accounts that require my Yubikey in Firefox (or switch to FF)?

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Plug in my “Yubikey 5 NFC”
  2. Access site that needs my Yubikey, log in.
  3. Site requests key…

Expected result:
The site accepts the key, no further action is required.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.60.125 Chromium: 119.0.6045.199 (Official Build) unknown (64-bit)
Installed via Flatpak (Software Manager) on Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria (derivative of Ubuntu), fully updated as of Jan 1, 2024.

Additional Information:
I have no additional information to provide at this time.

Think you can try to update to most recent? We’re on 1.61.109

Flatpak is unofficial and usually not recommended. It’s there, but yeah…

Instructions on where to get Brave for Linux can be found at https://brave.com/linux/ (and while Flatpak is listed toward the bottom, it is there under unofficial packages)

Perhaps on what they made, but not on Brave’s official version.

• Are you getting any messages or prompts?

• Does anything change if you disable Shields?

• Can you add a new browser profile and test there? Hamburger menu
    imageMore ToolsAdd New Profile. Essentially this just is creating a profile with no extensions, practically all default settings, and no cookies.

• If new profile doesn’t work, can you test and see if you have issues on Chrome or Chromium?

Should I/can I delete the original post? I went ahead and uninstalled the flatpak and installed via the instructions for Debian/Ubuntu/Mint. In this vrsion the Yubikey testing website https://demo.yubico.com/webauthn worked just fine with my Yubikey.

Version 1.61.109 Chromium: 120.0.6099.144 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thank you.