YouTube videos won't play on Brave

Description of the issue:
YouTube videos will not play on Brave browser. I can play the videos on other browsers (Google and IE) but on Brave the videos just ‘load’ with a gray circle going round and round, never loading or playing the video. Brave has been my primary browser for more than 12 months and this issue started yesterday. I can play all YT videos on my mobile phone, but zero videos play on my desktop.

**Brave Version Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

Are you accessing these YT vids through Google drive? I ask because direct vids accessed through YT works fine for me with no changes to shields… There are shield changes through google drive though… Or maybe you have a rogue extension at play here?

I’m typing in TouTube in the browser address bar, go to YT home page and grab the first video. I’ve just dropped all shields and played the first video with this result >>>> An Error Occurred. Please try again later.

hrmmm… create a new profile and access YT with it and see if it works… if it does then there’s something up with the old profile like a rogue extension or something…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.