Youtube stutters when playing in the background

Description of the issue:
For the past couple of months, Brave has been weird with Youtube. I normally use Brave with Youtube to listen to podcasts and music. After starting a video, putting my phone to sleep mode, the video will start stuttering after a few minutes. The exact time the stuttering starts is random. The media playing in the background will start stuttering after being on pause for too long. I am unsure what causes this.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Youtube, click on random video
  2. Exit out of browser by putting phone into sleep mode or by exiting Brave without closing.
  3. Let video play for a bit 'till it stutters.
  4. If it doesn’t stutters, click on another video and repeat Step 2.

Expected result:
Video supposed to play normally in background

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Ver. 1.48.160

Mobile Device Information
Galaxy S20 FE 5G

1 Like

Hello @Steel_Snake

Thank you for reaching out and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you please try to use guest mode to see if the issue persist?

Be waiting for your response!

I am having the exact same problem since about a week ago, when I updated Brave Mobile App, and my android phone to Android 13.

Youtube stutters in background after leaving tab or app, or putting phone to sleep.
It has not done this before and I have uses Brave for years.

I tried clearing cache.

Disabling Vulkan.

Checking background processes and exclusions.

Permissions.

Background play thru Brave App AND phone permissions.

Deleting Brave and reinstalling.
(Seemed to work again until I synced Brave to my previous setup)

Resetting all phone settings.

Resetting all Brave app settings minus passwords.

Beats me. This is annoying af and renders background play unusable. Stutter is so strong, I cannot make out a single word in a documentary via Youtube playing in back ground.

Sound returns when I return to brave tab sound is originating from. Sound stutters and chops up consistently and chronically as soon as I change apps, leave app, change tabs, phone sleeps, etc.

Help help help.

Could you guide me to guest mode plz n thanks?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.