Youtube Quality

Whenever I attempt to increase video quality beyond 1080p the video just resets and goes back to 1080p and doesn’t change, i tried on other browsers like chrome and edge and it worked perfectly fine.

None of my extensions have anything to do with Youtube or Youtube quality

Hi @Kalman welcome to Community :slightly_smiling_face:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 11
version 1.39.111

Also i have had this even before upgrading to windows 11

I’m not seeing this behavior on my end — I’m able to select any resolution without having it revert. I’m wondering if you have any extensions installed that may be affecting this? I’m also wondering if you create a new browser profile if you see the same results?

Lastly, I’m wondering if you, if you’re signed into your Youtube profile, if you click on your profile icon, then go to Settings --> Playback and performance if you have Auto selected here:

1 Like

Thank you for the response, I checked my extensions and I did find an auto quality extension.

I don’t ever remember adding it, maybe I unintentionally did it and did not realise or just plain forgot about it.

Thank you for the help and sorry for wasting your time

2 Likes

No worries — glad there was a simple solution and not a bug to have to deal with :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.