Youtube Playback extremely choppy ONLY in brave

Description of the issue:
As title says… Youtube is EXTREMELY choppy and unusable only on brave. I’ve tried it on chrome, firefox and edge chromium. Issue isn’t visible there. only in brave there is a massive performance drop.
I’ve already tried disabling hardware acceleration. Doesn’t help. This issue also used to happen on my android device before I switched to another browser there.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Use brave
    2.Open any youtube video

Expected result:
Playback is smooth at 60fps without any audio or video lag.
Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.26.67 Chromium: 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Windows 10
i7-7500U CPU

Hey rs_myst,

Since you’ve already disabled hardware acceleration and that didn’t solve the problem, I have two things to suggest.

1. Disable all of your extensions if you have any and see if that helps at all.
  2. Clear your cache on both devices.

I tried using youtube in incognito and the playback issue seems to have disappeared.
With my extrensions and without incognito, the playback is pretty stuttery. Please help. This doesn’t happen in edge, chrome and firefox with the same extensions enabled between the 3.

disable all extensions, and then re enable them one by one, until you find the extension that is causing this. then report here the name of the extension.

1 Like

It would seem using an abdlocker alongside brave’s inbuilt adblocker might have caused it!
I was using adguard and after disabling it, the experience is atleast not choppy anymore.
Enabling and disabling fullscreen is still extremely laggy though

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.