Choppiness in Youtube Videos

Description of the issue:
Youtube videos felt slightly choppy or stutters. I’m not sure if this is directly related to the latest build(Version 0.65.118) but I felt like I only start to experience this when the browser is updated to the new build. When playing youtube videos it just didn’t felt smooth like the video was as mention choppy and I determine that it’s brave browser fault because I had it compared to my other browser alternative which is Microsoft Edge and on Edge it was smooth. Also when having hardware acceleration off the issue is still present but when it’s on it actually fix the issue but then I’ll face other issues of having youtube videos not properly working which in this case looking at the community solution was to have hardware acceleration off but then the former issue will arise.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Launch Brave
  2. Navigate to YouTube
  3. Try to stream a video
  4. Turn Shields on/off and try streaming again(doesn’t help the issue)
  5. Turn hardware acceleration on and try streaming again(fix 1st two links but broke the 3rd)
  6. Turn hardware acceleration off and try streaming again(issue arise for 1st two link but fix the 3rd)

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
With hardware acceleration on, the 3rd link will have the video start playing in a slightly glitchy mode and slowly it will turn the video quality to the lowest settings on auto even if your computer can pretty well do the highest settings and if in worse case scenario it will stop the video from playing and present the message of a playback issue. When hardware acceleration is off the video is working perfectly but presenting with the same issue as the 1st two link.

With hardware acceleration off, the 1st two link will have the video playing normally like how any other video does but the video is not smooth like you can feel there is some slight choppiness or stutter to it in their movement in the video. When hardware acceleration is on the video is working perfectly but presenting with the issue face as mention above for the 3rd link.

Don’t think sharing gif or screenshot will replicate the issue well.

Expected result:
When hardware acceleration is on, youtube video should be working perfectly fine without any issues. (if not then at least have the off function works).

When hardware acceleration is off, youtube video should be working perfectly fine without any issues.

Reproduces how often:
Everytime, be it having my computer restart, shutdown or relaunching the browser.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
BV: Version 0.65.118

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.