YouTube Full Screen Occasionally Breaking (android)

Description of the issue: Occasionally, when browsing YouTube in Brave and tapping the full screen button while holding the phone in portrait, the display will move to landscape but the video will play in portrait - cut off in the bottom left corner.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Hold your phone in the portrait position while on a YouTube video
  2. Tap anywhere on the video to bring up the UI
  3. Tap the full screen button at the bottom right of the screen

Expected result: Seamless transition from portrait to landscape with the video stretched to fit the display.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Brave 1.45.127, Chromium 107.0.5304.110

Mobile Device details Google Pixel 7 Pro on android 13, Build TD1A.221105.001

Additional Information: This issue happens regardless of auto rotate being enabled or not in android. I can reproduce this bug at a rate of about 10-20% of the time. Here is a link to a video of the issue → https://imgur.com/a/8SetOLj

1 Like

Hello there @Hxnd please accept my apologies for this issue. Could you please try deleting your cookies from the app to see if the issue is solved?

1. In Brave, open the main menu, then Settings --> Privacy. Note: You can also select Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data
  2. Select Clear browsing data

Let me know if that works.

Hi there. I cleared everything in the advanced tab (excluding passwords) for all time but the issue persists.

1 Like

Hi again @Hxnd, on that case, please try disabling your shields while changing to full screen to see if this is the cause of the issue?

Please let me know if that works.

Thank you kindly for your replies. I have disabled the Brave Shield and I can still reproduce this issue although anecdotally it may appear less frequently than with Brave Shield up.

1 Like

@Hxnd thanks for that information. Are you using the release version of Brave on your device? If you are try installing Brave Beta or Brave Nightly from the PlayStore to see if the issue persist.

Be waiting for your response.

Using release. Installed Beta and the issue is present there too.

1 Like

Same issue happens on my Samsung Galaxy S9 using android 10 too.

1 Like

Is this really an upstream bug that has not been fixed in almost 3 years? If so that’s pretty disappointing.

1 Like

@Hxnd do you have power saving mode enabled on your device? If that’s the case, please try disabling it to see if you no longer experience that bug.

Be waiting for your response.

We’ve opened an issue on our Github for this and hope to take a look at/resolve it soon:

1 Like

I have not enabled any kind of power saving mode on either phone.

1 Like

Thank you kindly. Much appreciated.

1 Like

@Hxnd thanks for your patience, hope this issue gets solved soon. If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

1 Like

Post deleted by author

1 Like

@Swarvey could you please provide me with your device model and your Brave version in order to further investigate?

Additionally, this issue has been reported here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/27348 and it’s currently under investigation.

1 Like

Post deleted by author

1 Like

If you’d like I’ll respond to you on that thread to see what can be done to resolve the issue.

1 Like

Processing: Monzo Plus 02.jpg…

1 Like

@Robertuo1994 it seems that the image did not properly upload, could you please attach it again so I can be able to see it?