Youtube Full Screen Bug using the Brave browser

I am currently using the Brave browser (Version 1.36.119) and I am facing an odd bug with the browser.

Whenever I go to YouTube and play a video in full screen mode my monitor starts to reset, almost like a flashing screen. Yet I can tell it restarts since the monitors logo starts to appear as when it is turned on initially. I have tried this on both monitors (both are same manufacturer and model) and keep getting the same results.

To try and fix this issue, I made sure that the graphics drivers are all up to date as well as the motherboards BIOS itself. I went ahead and also tried out different browsers (Chrome, and Edge) and the screen flashing while using full screen on YouTube seems to only be happening when using the Brave browser.

Upon further research on other forums, users are recommending to turn off the “hardware acceleration” feature in the browser, yet doing so does not fix the issue.

Please assist.

Thank you,

Which GPU do you have? does the fullscreen issue occur at other resolutions (720p or 1080p?)

I currently have the Radeon Vega 64 GPU, and yes the issue does occur at other resolutions (720p and 1080p).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.